I left home late morning with a view to meeting Dave Lear at Whakamaru for lunch. Bernie and Dave Mac will arrive later. It would disrupt the entire fabric of time and space if they arrived sooner.
Lovely day to be out with everything still looking very green for so late in summer. With a pleasantly balmy day there are lots of people out and about. Large packs of motorcycles taking advantage of the good weather. As usual the insects are also out and by the time I arrived at Whakamaru I could barely see through the entrails, legs, wings and other bits. No bird needs to go hungry here.
We had a pleasant lunch of the mandatory toasted cheese and tomato and cruised down the western bays of Lake Taupo. Not much to report which is as it should be. Sadly there is a glitch in the Blogger platform which means photos are not uploading. I suspect it has something to do with Google trying to force me to use thier universe or it may be random. I hope but doubt that it will fix itself. Dave Lear tells me it’s not my fault which is all I needed to hear. For today I managed the issue by not taking any photos although it was certainly pretty enough.
For now we are easing ourselves into the trip and shortly I shall ease myself into my first beer. Tomorrow the transport down the island continues with a ferry to catch.
No comments:
Post a Comment